Did You Know?
- FDA openly allows diseased meat and rotting animal carcasses into pet food…without warning you.
- “Pet food consisting of material from diseased animals or animals which have died otherwise than by slaughter, which is in violation of 402(a)(5) will not ordinarily be actionable, if it is not otherwise in violation of the law. It will be considered fit for animal consumption.” – FDA Policy
- In 2007, thousands of dogs and cats in the U.S. died due to contaminated pet food ingredients sourced from China. In the ten plus years since this deadly pet food recall, the FDA has received reports on the death or illness of thousands of pets linked to Chinese imported jerky treats. You’d think that massive recalls would deter pet food manufacturers from using Chinese ingredients, but that’s not true. Actually, dog food and cat food (as well as their ingredients) imports from China have increased by more than 30 million pounds in just five years! (Source: Food and Water Watch)
- There are two grades of ingredients used in pet food: human edible (food grade) ingredients, and human inedible (pet grade or feed grade) ingredients. Recent regulations now allow a pet food made in a human food manufacturing plant, using 100% human edible ingredients (including human grade supplements) to make the claim ‘human grade’ on the pet food label.
- JEMELLI dog food is made using 100% Human Grade Edible ingredients!
Food and Water Watch & Petsumerreport.com